Hall H Show hosts Aaron Nabus and Alex Benedicto interviewed Stephan Franck (creator of the comic book Silver), at San Diego Comic-Con 2017! This episode is also available on Google Play, iTunes, and Stitcher.
In addition to an audio podcast, we also have a video version of this interview:
Besides talking about his noir comic book about treasure hunters looking for vampire silver in the 1930’s, we discussed his childhood growing up in France and his love for comic books…especially when comic books from the United States were finally allowed into the country in the late 70’s, how the movie Heavy Metal was a huge influence at age 13, his love for Will Eisner and his comic book The Spirit and how he parlayed his cinematic experience as an animator on films such as The Iron Giant and Space Jam into his new endeavor, the very striking comic book, Silver.
What do con men and vampires have in common? Find out on this Hall H Show exclusive interview with Stephan Franck!
Intro and Bio
- Can you please introduce yourself and tell us about 11 Year old Stephan? What were you like as kid, where did you grow up and what were you into when you were younger?
- Were you always creative…even at a young age?
- When did you know you wanted to be a professional creative? Do you remember what sparked that interest?
- Can you briefly tell us about your creative journey leading up to your comic book, Silver?
- You have so much experience in the animation world, why did you decide to step into the world of sequential art?
- What is the basic premise of your comic book Silver?
- How long have you been thinking about it. When did you start planning it out…and why did create it?
- What are some of your challenges?
- We’ll talk about your panel here at SDCC in bit…but can you talk about what sets this comic book apart from others?
- Any advice for other people who want to create their own comic book?
- Tell us about the Kickstarter campaign for Volume 3.
- By the time this episode airs, SDCC 2017 will be over, but could you tell our audience about your panel here at San Diego Comic-Con (because you also do this panel at other conventions as well)?
- If we gave you a million dollars, and you had to spend it all in a day…what would you do with it?
- If you were a mutant who could teleport anywhere in the world, where would you go and why would you want to go there?
- What are three movies that you could watch over and over?
- What advice would you give your 11 year old self?
Flash Forward (what do you have planned after SDCC?)
- What’s next for Silver?
- Plans for this year
- What other cons will you be going to?
- Any long term plans (that you could tell us about)? Maybe an animated adaptation?
- Is there anything any other projects that you would like our audience to know about?
Follow Our Guest Online:
Thanks YOU for listening to the Hall H Show podcast!
Our mission is to put the mainstream Hall H spotlight on some of our favorite pop culture and comic book artists, writers and other creatives…especially emerging talent and ones we think deserve more exposure.
Please make it a point to visit Artist Alley at all the conventions you plan on going to this year.
If you are listening on iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher, we would appreciate a rating and a comment.
We are always looking for interesting guests to have on the show…so if you have any suggestions, please reach out to us on social media using the hashtag, #HallHshow.
Lastly, just because San Diego Comic-Con is over…doesn’t mean you get to slack off on being #SDCCfit!
Peace…cheers…and Artists Assemble!
Music by The Passion HiFi. #HallHShow #ArtistsAssemble