The Hall H Show podcast welcomes back Keithan Jones (creator of The Power Knights and owner of KID Comics). We recap our 2018 highlights and Keithan updates us on his comic book, The Power Knights and his one day comic convention, Black Comix Day. This episode is also available on Google Play, iTunes, Stitcher, iHeart Radio and Spotify. The Hall H Show podcast is hosted by Aaron Nabus and Alex Benedicto.
Hey there Hall H Show listeners!
Aaron Nabus here and on behalf of my co-host, Alex Benedicto, I just want to wish you all the happiest of New Years!
Before we get to our first podcast of 2019 with our good friend, Keithan Jones, I just want to let you know that in the next couple of months, we will be uploading some of our remaining 2018 interviews from WonderCon and San Diego Comic-con as well as the audio from a few panels from conventions such as San Diego Comic Fest where I got to moderate my very first panel featuring the Accidental Aliens!
Due to the daily grind of each of our jobs and also my involvement in other projects, we have been behind schedule with our podcast uploads.
But don’t worry, true believers…we have some pretty good ones that I know you will enjoy, some of which include my good friend, Graphic Designer and Comic Book Historian, Arlen Schumer, Forbes writer, Rob Salkowitz, Comic Book Men’s, Ming Chen, fellow content creators, Leonard Sultana and Alyssa Franks and comic book creators David Schrader, Terry Mayo and Tristan Whitehouse just to name a few!
On this episode, we welcome back one of our favorite indie creators, Keithan Jones! Keithan is the owner of KID Comics and the creator of the comic book, The Power Knights. If you’ve been a long time listener of the show, you’ll know that he felt he owed his 11 year old self the opportunity to bring this idea to fruition.
We’ll catch up on the latest issue, cover some our highlights of 2018 and we’ll also talk about another project that Keithan has created, “Black Comix Day: Heroes Rise II”, which will happen on Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 10 AM – 5 PM at the very location we are recording this podcast, the Valencia Park / Malcolm X Library in San Diego, CA
Welcome back to the show, Keithan!
Thunder Round Questions:
- Since it’s a new year, any resolutions that you would like to share with our audience?
- When the movie version of The Power Knights is made, what kind of music would you want to be on the soundtrack? Who would you want to compose the score?
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now…where would you and why did you pick that place?
- What are some comic books that you are reading right now that you think our audience should check out?
- You make first contact with an alien from another galaxy. Since you are working hard to finish the next issue of The Power Knights and don’t have time to babysit this alien, what movie would you want to have it watch while you finish your work?
- What’s one thing you learned this week?
Black Comix Day 2019:
- When: Saturday, February 16, 2019, 10 AM – 5 PM
- Location: Valencia Park / Malcolm X Library in San Diego, CA
- Cost: FREE
- Facebook Event Page
Follow Our Guest:
About KID Comics:
Our mission here at KID is simple, have fun making the coolest comics on Earth. That means comics of quality and care that are intended to entertain you in the way only comic books can. This is not comics trying to be movies or paperback novels. This is SEQUENTIAL ART harking back to the days of genre pushing masters like Jack Kirby and Will Eisner. KID is about the synergy created by graphics, words and the readers’ imagination.
We are betting there is a new generation of readers who are hungry for new experiences in the comic book format. Hungry for new heroes, new villains and new worlds to populate their imaginations. We are here to entertain you, let’s get started
Owner/Founder of KID Comics
Thank YOU for listening to the Hall H Show podcast and thanks to Keithan Jones for coming on the show!
If you believe in our mission to be “The Voice of Independent Creators,” we would appreciate a rating and a comment on iTunes. And please spread the word on social media using the hashtag, #HallHshow!