We welcome back Jason Inman and Ashley Victoria Robinson the writers and creators of Jupiter Jet and the Forgotten Radio. This episode is also available on Google Play, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeart Radio and Spotify. The Hall H Show is hosted by Aaron Nabus and Alex Benedicto and is the “Voice of Independent Creators.”
Hey there Hall H Show listeners!
Aaron Nabus here and we are happy to welcome back indie comic book creators, Jason Inman and Ashley Victoria Robinson.
We last had Jason on episode 69 where he talked about his incredible book called Super Soldiers: A Salute to the Comic Book Heroes and Villains Who Fought for Their Country.
And who can forget our first conversation on episode 8 – that was recorded at a diner, where we first met Jason and Ashley where they talked about the first volume of their graphic novel, Jupiter Jet!
On episode 95 of the Hall H Show, we talk about the second volume of Jupiter Jet called Jupiter Jet and the Forgotten Radio which arrives at stores on October 7, 2020 is available for pre-order right now on Amazon! or Barnes & Noble. The deadline to pre-order from your local comic book shop is September 15, 2020!
Famous comic book writer Ron Marz has already read it and said “You had me at jetpack! I know a little something about building heroes, and this is how you do it–with heart and humor and high adventure.”
Welcome back to the show, Jason and Ashley! Thank you for coming on the show to talk about the newest volume of Jupiter Jet (120 pages of high flying adventure), participating in the Thunder Round (some great answers), and also giving some helpful insight on the business side of being a creator (especially that awesome Kickstarter tip).
Make sure to listen to this podcast episode for an EXCLUSIVE REVEAL about the future of Jupiter Jet!
AND make sure to also listen for details on how you could win an opportunity to have a character named after you in the third volume of Jupiter Jet!
Cover by Jonboy Meyers.
Jupiter Jet Questions/Topics:
- Without giving away too much, can you tell our audience what they can expect in the second volume?
- Jupiter Jet the Forgotten Radio wasn’t the original working title. What other titles were you thinking about?
- What is the significance of the red rocks called “Fontanium?”
- This newest volume seems more grown up and sophisticated. Not only is Jacqueline “Jacky” Johnson growing up, but it was also nice to see her younger brother evolve as a character (Saturn Scout) as well.
- Jupiter Jet not only encounters a new Jet Pack wearer..but also a new badass Praetor called Praetor Venus. Can you remind our audience what the Praetors are?
- Jupiter Jet gets to visit a planet called “Justus.” How did you arrive at that name and how happy are you that you got to include a Western cowboy component to the story?
- Will there there be five volumes in total?
- Since you both are co-writers, how did you decide who wrote what?
- How was the writing process during the pandemic? How different was the experience writing the second volume than the first?
- Why was it important for Jupiter Jet to appeal to all ages? What inspired you to create it in the first place?
Jupiter Jet Creative Team:
- Writers: Jason Inman and Ashley Victoria Robinson
- Pencils & Inks: Ben Matsuya
- Colors: Elizabeth Kramer
- Color Flats: Robtlsnyder and YesFlat
- Letters and Logo: Taylor Esposito of Ghost Glyph Studios
- Editor: Brittany Matter
- Cover: Jonboy Meyers (colors by Ryan Kinnaird)
- Book Design: Carlos M. Mangual
Thunder Round Questions:
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice-cream?
- In Jupiter Jet, there is a resistance group called the “Children of Gaia.” If you were part of the Children of Gaia, would you tell the people of Europa that they weren’t on Earth?
- What shows have you been watching during the pandemic?
- If you could go back in time and what would you tell your 15 year old selves?
- What’s one thing your fans would be surprised to learn about you?
- What was the last song you sang in the shower?
- If you could teleport to anywhere in the world right now…where would you go and why did you pick that place?
- If you weren’t a writer, what would you be?
- In Shazam, Barry Batson yells “Shazam” to transform into a superhero. What word would you use to transform into a superhero? What kind of powers would you have?
Follow Jason Inman:
Follow Ashley Victoria Robinson:
Follow Jupiter Jet:
Follow the Geek History Lesson Podcast :
Thank you so much for tuning into the Hall H Show podcast, where we love showcasing independent creators like Jason Inman and Ashley Victoria Robinson. I can’t wait to podcast and eat pancakes with them at a diner in person – hopefully in the near future.
If you believe in our mission to be the voice of independent creators, please leave us a comment and rating (hopefully five stars) on Apple Podcasts. You can also find this podcast on Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio and even Spotify!
Peace, cheers, and remember that representation matters. If you would like to recommend a guest that you feel deserves more attention, please reach out to us on any of our social media accounts or the contact form on our contact form.