Hall H Show host Aaron Nabus talks to Tilly and Susan Bridges, owners of Pendant Productions and creators of the indie comic Killswitch! This episode is also available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Deezer, Amazon Music, and Spotify. The Hall H Show is hosted by Aaron Nabus and Alex Benedicto and is the “Voice of Independent Creators.”
Hello fellow nerds, geeks and supporters of indie pop culture creators! Aaron Nabus here and welcome to the Hall H Show! I appeared recently on The Writers Block (hosted by Rylend Grant and David Avallone) with my guests for episode 105, Tilly and Susan Bridges.
That was a fun conversation, not about writing, but about creating podcasts, which they produce, along with audio dramas, through their company, Pendant Productions.
Though, Tilly and Susan are also writers, having written their own comic book, Killswitch, screenplays, teleplays and audio dramas. They might be the only married trans woman / cis woman writing team around!
On this episode, we talk about their “meet cute” moment, Pendant Productions, Killswitch, pizza, Star Trek, Trans Tuesday and so much more! ~Aaron
About Tilly and Susan Bridges:
We write fun, hope-fueled sci-fi, with blue sky imaginations and a sprinkle (or three) of comedy! Our stories explore personal identity and how society shapes us. We delve into the reasons we are who we are, who we can become, how we can get there, and what we owe to each other along the way.– Tilly and Susan Bridges
About Pendant Productions:
In late August of 2004, along with a few close friends and family members, I formed an audio production group dedicated to making radio dramas like the old radio serials of the ’30s and ’40s, only modernized for today’s audiences. Think of them as movies without the video feed.– Tilly Bridges
And so before you sits the fruits of our labor, for your fun and entertainment.
We’re always accepting new members, so if you’d like to join us you’re more than welcome. All you need is a computer and a microphone.
In a future where clairvoyant Augurs are used for their powers but feared, held captive, and persecuted, a disaffected military major is shocked into action by the grim realities of the Augurs’ treatment. She puts her life and career on the line to help them attempt a daring escape from captivity.– Comixology (Killswitch #1)
Our Appearance on The Writers Block:
Opening Round Questions:
- What did you watch and read when you were younger?
- How did the two of you meet? If you don’t mind sharing, what was your “meet cute” moment?
- What’s it like being married and also collaborating professionally?
Pendant Productions Questions:
- How did it all start?
- How do you decide what podcasts or audio dramas to produce?
- Any advice for anybody wanting to start a podcast or audio drama?
- When did you come up with the idea for the dystopian cyberpunk themed comic, Killswitch and what inspired it?
- Can you tell me more about the ideas of being feared and persecuted that manifest in the comic book?
- Could you please tell me about your creative team?
- Published by: Action Lab – Danger Zone
- Written by: Tilly Bridges and Susan Bridges
- Art by: Simon Bowland, Ed Dukeshire, Walter Geovani and Brittany Peer
- Colored by: Brittany Peer
- Cover by: Diana Van Damme
- Lettered by: Simon Bowland and Ed Dukeshire
- What’s pitching like in today’s environment?
- Who would you cast in the TV or movie version of Killswitch?
Thunder Round Questions:
- What’s one of your favorite words (and why is it one of your favorites)?
- If you make first contact with an alien from another galaxy, what would you give this alien as an example of what Earth has to offer?
- Describe your perfect pizza.
- If you had the ability to time travel, who is someone that you would want to have a conversation with?
- When will you feel comfortable attending comic conventions again?
- What’s one thing you hated as a child but love as an adult?
- Why is #TransTuesday important to you (I saw a recent post concerning “gatekeeping” on Facebook).
- Using all of the Star Trek Universe, who would be your perfect bridge crew?
- Who is the fictional character you are most like?
- If you could teach a course, what would it be
Follow Tilly and Susan Bridges:
Follow Pendant Productions:
Thank YOU for listening to the Hall H Show podcast!
And, thanks to our guests, Tilly and Susan Bridges! Please give them a follow and check out their comic book, Killswitch and also the array of geeky podcasts and audio dramas they have to offer at PendantAudio.com.
We love putting the spotlight on independent pop culture creatives, if you have a suggestion for a potential guest, please let us know!
If you believe in our mission to be the voice of independent pop culture creators, don’t be scared to give us a five star rating and a comment on Apple Podcasts. You can also find this podcast on Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Deezer, Amazon Music, and even Spotify!
Peace, cheers, stay safe out there and if you have a story you’ve been itching to tell, consider creating a movie with your smartphone!
If you would like to recommend a guest that you feel deserves more attention, please reach out to us on any of our social media accounts or the contact form on our contact form.