The Hall H Show podcast talked with Jason Inman, about his new comic book, Super Best Friend (issue 2). This episode is also available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Deezer, Amazon Music, and Spotify. The Hall H Show is hosted by Aaron Nabus and Alex Benedicto and is the “Voice of Independent Pop Culture Creators.”
Hello fellow nerds, geeks and supporters of indie pop culture creators! Aaron Nabus here and welcome to the Hall H Show!
We’re starting off our first podcast of 2022 with someone that’s no stranger to the show, Jason Inman!
We last had him on episode 95 with Ashley Victoria Robinson where they talked about their comic book Jupiter Jet and the Forgotten Radio.
Jason also appeared on episode 69 where he talked about his terrific book called Super Soldiers: A Salute to the Comic Book Heroes and Villains Who Fought for Their Country – which even got a shout out from Dan Ackroyd!
Speaking of “Terrific,” Jason’s homage to Superman, Captain Terrific first appeared in issue #1 of Jason’s comic book, Super Best Friend, which debuted in Spring of 2021.
Issue #2 currently has an active Kickstarter campaign until the morning of March 3, 2022 and it’s off to an amazing start, having been fully funded in just 10 hours after it’s launch!
I hope you enjoy my conversation with Jason Inman as we discuss his new comic book, a ton of pop culture, writing advice, and so much more!
Thunder Round Questions
- You’ve hosted shows for DC Comics, Collider and Screen Junkies, created your own YouTube content, podcasts, and comic books. Now you’re working at CBS. Can you describe how this new experience has been? When you were a young U.S. Army soldier deployed in Iraq, is this where you are right now career wise even in your wildest of dreams?
- What was it like going back to Kansas recently?
- Describe yourself as a color? Why did you pick that color?
- Why do you create?
- What’s one thing you hated as a child but love as an adult?
- If you could teach a course, what would it be about?
- In an alternate universe, what do you think your other version of yourself would be doing right now?
- In your podcast, Geek History Lesson, you have a section for Recommended Reading. What would be the Recommended Reading in order for someone to get to know Jason Inman better?
- What’s something on your bucket list that you’ve already accomplished and one thing still left undone?
- After a hard day’s work, what kind of food do you crave?
- One look at your Twitter feed shows that you not only promote your own projects, but you also happily promote other creators’ projects as well. Why do you feel it’s important to do so?
- You recently shared a Simone Biles quote: “At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day.” This resonated with me since it was a reminder that I need to make more time for my own projects. Why did you feel the need to share it?
- You’ve accomplished a lot in the last five years. What do you see yourself accomplishing in the next five years?
- Why is Superman one of your favorite superheroes?
Super Best Friend (issue #2) – Questions
- It looks like you created Captain Terrific in high school. How much different is he now from his first iteration?
- When did the story for Super Best Friend start coming together?
- Why do you believe that it’s important for Mattie Moore and Calvin Coleman’s story to be told?
- For those of our audience that are unfamiliar with the Super Best Friend universe, could you help them get up to speed – without giving away too much of issue 2.
- How satisfying was it for you to include an “electric” character into the newest issue?
- Could you tell us about the creative team?
- Congrats again on successfully funding the Kickstarter for the second issue. Any details from the Kickstarter that you would like to highlight? Having Dan Jurgens draw a variant cover for the campaign is amazing…how did you pull that off?
- When is issue 3 scheduled to come out?
Follow Jason Inman
Follow Geek History Lesson
Thank YOU for listening to the Hall H Show podcast!
And, thanks to our guest, Jason Inman, for coming back on the show to tell us about the second issue of his comic book, Super Best Friend. Don’t forget to check out the Kickstarter for this issue – which ends on March 3, 2022. Even just sharing the campaign on social media helps a ton!
If you believe in our mission to be the voice of independent pop culture creators, don’t be scared to give us a five star rating and a comment on Apple Podcasts. You can also find this podcast on Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Deezer, Amazon Music, and even Spotify!
We love putting the spotlight on independent pop culture creatives, if you have a suggestion for a potential guest, please let us know on any of our social media channels or our contact form.
Peace, cheers and don’t stop creating!