Hall H Show host Aaron Nabus talks to digital content creator, Ant Pruitt! This episode is also available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Deezer, Amazon Music, and Spotify. The Hall H Show is hosted by Aaron Nabus and Alex Benedicto and is the “Voice of Independent Creators.”
Hello fellow nerds, geeks and supporters of indie pop culture creators! Aaron Nabus here and welcome to the Hall H Show!
On this episode, we welcome digital content creator and knowledge sharer, Ant Pruitt.
He’s part of the TWiT.tv family as the host/producer of Hands On Photography. He also describes himself as 33% geek, 33% nerd, 33% dork. Other 1% TBD. We’ll definitely explore all of that on this conversation and hopefully we can find out what that remaining 1% is.
Welcome to the show, Ant!
Here are a few examples of Ant in action, giving helpful information and critiques to digital content creators.
Opening Round Questions:
- Origin Story
- Where did you grow up? What was that place like when you were younger?
- Growing up, you also knew Chadwick Boseman. Can you tell us a little bit about that?
- Sports played an important part of your life as well. What kind of sports did you play?
- What kind of pop culture fandoms were you into as a teenager? You have a connection with Star Wars through your father, rig
- Creative Journey
- How old were you when you first became aware of your artistic nature?
- Photoshop 4 was the first version I used. What version of Photoshop was the first one that you used?
- Seven years ago you started a smartphone photographers community (back in the Google Plus days). Why did you feel compelled to do so?
- How did you become involved with TwiT.tv?
- Like athletes, practicing makes you better. How do you practice as a digital content creator?
- How do you stay current (in terms of technology)?
- What does “Create and Dominate” mean to you? What is a typical day like for you?
- Life During the Pandemic
- What has it been like professionally in terms of photography, videography, creating content, movies and personally
- What do you do for fun? Any hobbies?
Thunder Round Questions:
- What’s your favorite beer at the moment?
- If you could describe yourself with one word, what would it be? Why did you choose this word?
- Being the tinkerer that you are…what kind of character would you be in Wakanda?
- Let’s pretend the world is totally safe to travel. If you could teleport to anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Why did you pick this place?
- If I gave you a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- If you had the ability to time travel, who is someone that you would want to have a meal with? Where would you take this person to eat?
- What’s the last song you sang in the shower?
- “Photography is more than mere megapixels. It’s about the story, the community and the fun you have creating great images.” Can you elaborate?
- What’s one thing you hated as a child but love now as an adult?
- If you were a Jedi, what color would your lightsaber be?
- If you were President of the United States, what kind of art work would you hang up in the Oval Office?
- Is there a person or group of people that has helped you along the way that you’d like to say thank you to?
- Is there an artist, writer, other creatives or content creators that you’d like our audience to check out?
- What are some helpful pieces of advice for someone that wants to express themselves as a digital content creator but doesn’t know where to begin?What are some helpful pieces of advice for someone that wants to express themselves as a digital content creator but doesn’t know where to begin?
Follow Ant Pruitt:
Wanderers Photography Workshop – New Orleans:
Ant Pruitt, along with three other photographers (Freddy Clark, Steve Brazill and Andrew Scrivani) will be teaching at the Wanderers Photography Workshop in New Orleans. Originally scheduled for October 10-14 2021, it has been rescheduled for January 23-27, 2022.
It will be a hands-on workshop and the instructors will work with attendees on certain photography styles. Ant’s focus will be more on street photography and cityscapes. Other styles include food/beverage photography and concert photography. Each instructor is truly passionate about their craft and do a great job sharing resources to help make you a better photographer.
For cost and other details, visit their website.
Thank YOU for listening to the Hall H Show podcast! I’m happy and humbled when I find out people support a project or start to follow one of our guests because of one of our episodes. So thank you so much for your continued support.
And, thanks to my guest, Ant Pruitt for coming on the show and for continuing to provide value and helpful information to digital content creators everyone.
We love putting the spotlight on independent pop culture creatives, like Don. If you have a suggestion for a potential guest, please let us know!
If you believe in our mission to be the voice of independent pop culture creators, don’t be scared to give us a five star rating and a comment on Apple Podcasts. You can also find this podcast on Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Deezer, Amazon Music, and even Spotify!
Peace, cheers, stay safe out there and don’t forget, stories matter. If you don’t tell your own story, someone else will tell it for you.
If you would like to recommend a guest that you feel deserves more attention, please reach out to us on any of our social media accounts or the contact form on our contact form.