Hosts Aaron Nabus and Alex Benedicto are joined by Jason Lethert from HeroJournalism to celebrate the 100th episode of the Hall H Show! This episode is also available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeart Radio and Spotify. The Hall H Show is hosted by Aaron Nabus and Alex Benedicto and is the “Voice of Independent Creators.”
Hey Hall H Show listeners!
Aaron Nabus here and I’m excited to share with you episode 100 (which was recorded in December of 2020)!
Who would have thought that our little podcast would still be around since it made its debut in October of 2016 with our inaugural guest, Tony B. Kim from Hero Within!
It’s been fun seeing comic conventions from a different perspective and meeting and getting to know some incredible indie creators, journalists, bloggers & podcasters! Both Alex and I even got work as exhibitors at Pixar Story Artist, Bobby Rubio’s booth in 2018 and I was honored to be on a panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2019!
I can be a bit nonchalant about special occasions and I was just going to low-key about our 100th episode. But I recently got some good news and it reminded me that it’s important to celebrate the victories – even the small ones, especially during the pandemic.
On this four hour episode, I’m joined by my co-host, Alex Benedicto and frequent guest, the always incisive, Jason Lethert from HeroJournalism to the show as we catch up and reminisce.
It’s almost like the original Marvel Comics Defenders, Dr. Strange, The Hulk and Namor reuniting to save the world. But I’ll leave it to our audience to decide which character each of us is. Thank you to all of our guests and to our listeners for continuing to support us. Cheers to 100 more episodes! ~Aaron
A Few of the Topics Discussed:
Origin Story (for each of us)
- Where did you grow up?
- What kind of movies, TV shows, cartoons, anime, books, and/or comic books had the most impact on you while you were growing up?
- How do we all know each other? When did we meet?
- What do you enjoy most about being a content creator?
Hall H / Hall H Show
- Our origin story (how and whey did we create HallH.com and the Hall H Show).
- Jason’s involvement and appearances.
- A few favorite convention memories.
- A few favorite Hall H Show memories.
- Comic book legend and writer, Roy Thomas recently celebrated his 80th birthday. Do you have a favorite Roy Thomas story? Read this for reference: https://13thdimension.com/the-top-13-roy-thomas-avengers-stories-ranked/
- If you could teleport to anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why did you pick that place?
- You’re going on a long road trip…what songs would you put on your playlist?
- What’s one thing your fans would be surprised to know about you?
- What kind of character would you be in The Mandalorian?
- If you could have a meal with anyone dead or alive, who would it be with and what would you eat?
- If you were President of the United States, what artwork would you hang up in the oval office?
- Since Jason talks about comic book adaptations on his YouTube channel, HeroJournalism, what comic book adapted universe (TV, Movies, Cartoon, Video Games, etc) would you want to visit?
- What’s one of your favorite words?
- What projects have you been working on during the pandemic?
- How do you stay creative during the pandemic?
- Any shows or movies that you’ve come across that you’ve watched during the pandemic that you’d like to highlight?
- What books or comic books are you reading?
- When do you think it will be safe to attend comic conventions again? What does “safe” mean?
Is there a creator you want to shine the spotlight on? Or is there someone that you just want to recognize just because they are awesome?
Follow Jason Lethert:
Thank you so much for tuning into the Hall H Show podcast, where we love showcasing independent pop culture creators. We couldn’t have come this far without awesome guests and supporters of the podcast…so thank YOU!
If you believe in our mission to be the voice of independent pop culture creators, don’t be scared to give us a five star rating and a comment on Apple Podcasts. You can also find this podcast on Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeartRadio and even Spotify!
Peace and cheers to 100 more episodes of the Hall H Show! If you would like to recommend a guest that you feel deserves more attention, please reach out to us on any of our social media accounts or the contact form on our contact form.